Updating your iPhone to the latest iOS version is usually a straightforward process. However, at times, it can result in unforeseen issues, including the dreaded “iPhone won’t turn on after update” problem. This article explores why the iPhone won’t turn on after an update and offers a step-by-step guide on how to fix it.
1. Why my iPhone won’t turn on after update?
When your iPhone won’t turn on after an update, it can be incredibly frustrating. Before diving into the fixes, let’s understand why this issue might occur:
Software Glitches: Sometimes, the update process can introduce software glitches, causing your iPhone to become unresponsive.
Incomplete Update: If the update process gets interrupted or isn’t completed correctly, it can leave your iPhone in an unstable state.
Incompatible Apps: Outdated or incompatible third-party apps might conflict with the new iOS version.
Battery Issues: If your iPhone’s battery is critically low or malfunctioning, it may not have enough power to boot up.
2. How to fix iPhone won’t turn on after an update?
Before resorting to advanced solutions, try these basic troubleshooting steps:
2.1 Charge Your iPhone
- Connect your iPhone to a charger and leave it for at least 30 minutes. If the battery was critically low, this might revive your device.
2.2 Hard Restart Your iPhone
- For iPhone 8 and later: Quickly press and release the volume up button, followed by the volume down button, then press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Simultaneously press and hold the volume down and the sleep/wake button until the Apple logo appears.
- For iPhone 6s and earlier: Hold the home button and the sleep/wake button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
2.3 Enter Recovery Mode
- Put your iPhone into recovery mode by connecting it to a computer and using iTunes (Mac) or Finder (Windows), and follow the on-screen instructions to restore your device.
3. Advanced method to fix iPhone won’t turn on after update with AimerLab FixMate
If the basic steps don’t work, AimerLab FixMate is useful to fix the “iPhone won’t turn on after update” issue. AimerLab FixMate is a specialized iOS system repair tool that can resolve 150+ iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch issues, including iDevice won’t turn on, stuck in different modes and screens, boot loop, update errors, and other issues. It’s free trial version that allows you to enter and exit unlimited recovery mode with one click. With FixMate, you can easily repair your Apple devices’ system issues at home by yourself.
Here’s how to use FixMate to resolve your iPhone won’t turn on after an update:
Step 2: Launch FixMate and connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. FixMate will detect your iPhone and show it’s mode and status on the main screen. To fix your iPhone issue, click the “Start” button under “Fix iOS System Issues”.
Step 3: Choose a repair mode to start the process. To fix your iPhone won’t turn on after an update, it’s suggested to choose the “Standard Repair” mode which will resolve basic iOS issues without data loss.
Step 4: FixMate will display the available iOS firmware versions for your iPhone. Choose the latest one and click the “Repair” button to start downloading the firmware package.
Step 5: Once the firmware is downloaded, click “Start Repair”, and FixMate will begin repairing your iPhone’s operating system.
Step 6: FixMate will notify you when the repair is complete. Your iPhone will reboot, and with any luck, it should turn on and function normally.
Dealing with an iPhone that won’t turn on after an update can be a daunting experience. However, by following the steps outlined in this article, you can address the issue effectively. Basic troubleshooting steps can sometimes resolve the problem, but if they fail, AimerLab FixMate offers an advanced solution to repair your iPhone’s operating system, bringing your device back to life. Always ensure that your device is regularly updated to prevent future issues, and remember to back up your data to avoid data loss during these processes.